Frontiers: The Interdisciplinary Journal of Study Abroad is an open-access, peer-reviewed academic journal that communicates the latest research on education abroad within a multi-disciplinary forum to reflect on critical issues and concerns for academics and professional practitioners.
Frontiers encourages a variety of disciplines, subject matters and perspectives in order to enrich the field. Its interdisciplinary scope and open-access content aim to document and disseminate innovative advancements and foster dialogue and debate for a wide audience in international education.
Frontiers focuses on areas such as:
- New approaches to address challenges in the field;
- Development of tools and measures for assessing the intellectual, personal, and intercultural development of students in an international and intercultural context;
- Innovative study abroad program models or interventions;
- Discursive explorations of the cultural and intellectual underpinnings of international educational exchange;
- Examples of good practice in study abroad programming;
- Reviews and analysis of books, monographs and articles written on topics related to U.S. study abroad and higher education.
Frontiers is published by The Forum on Education Abroad.
Mission Statement adopted August 30, 2017.